Stifford Forum Approved Grants
Each Community Forum is allocated an average of £10,000 each year from Thurrock Council to help groups, clubs, or to improved their area with projects.
The Stifford Communirty Forum do in fact recieve £13,500 as their population is larger than most Forums.
Approved Grants for year 2008 to 2009
- July the forum donated £265- 00 to the Stifford Ranger Guides for a mess tent and transport to the Essex World Scout Jamboree
- Also in July the Forum gave William Edwards School £500-00 towards fireproofing their Anglo saxon dwelling
- October the Forum match funded thurrock Council in providing a high set of gates to the entrance to the garage area in Meadow Road £500-00.
- October the Forum have also organised two Thurrock Play Network days for next summer to be held at Nutberry Fields and Blackthorn Road £1450-00.
- November the Forum donated another £3,000-00 to William edwards School towards their cinema and lecture room.
- November the Forum paid for two disabled crossovers in Buxton Road.
- Also in November the Forum donated £3045-60 towards the completion of disabled toilets at Thurrock Rugby Clubs headquarters.
- January the forum donated £400-00 to the Kangaroo and Koala Clubs Play School who meet at St Johns Church Hall for new play equipment.
- It was ageed at the March open meeting that£100-00 would go to Thurrock Play Network Play Days at Nutberry Fields and Blackthorn Road in August for refreshments for the children.
- Any balance the Forum has at the end of the year will go towards the Playbuilder Scheme for Nutberry Fields.
Approved Grants for year 2007 to 2008
In the year 2007 to 2008 the Stifford Forum allocated nearly £13,000-00 to groups and projects.
- £315-00 was given to the Pram and Buggy play group which meets at the St Cedds Church Hall in Crammavill Street for 6 Baby Walkers.
- £1,500-00 was given to the Little Freinds Pre School who meet at The Pavilion on Blackshots Playing Field towards a fenced area, so the children can play safe outside. Thurrock Council are also contributing £2,300-00 to the project.
- £317-00 was given to the Thurrock Disabled Association who meet at the Long Lane Leisure Centre to carry out garden tidying up.
- £1,500-00 has been allocated to Thurrock Council to provide Two planters, one to go outside Blackshots Lane Library and one to outside the shops in King Edwards Drive.
- £3,000-00 has been given to William Edwards School and Sports College towards their Cinema and Lecture room. This facillity will be open to any group to use.
- £6,000-00 has paid for the VAS (Vehicle Activated Sign) recently installed in Woodview.