Funding & Finance
The Forum which includes the Committee is made up of volunteers who give their time and work for the community freely.
Committee meetings are held when necessary separate to general forum meetings. An announcement is made at the Forum meeting inviting anyone to attend and listen to the Committee Meeting
The Corringham, Fobbing and Homesteads Community Forum are allocated a sum each year by Thurrock Council to cover administrative costs. Any other income is self-generated.
Meetings are always minuted, and the minutes are published online and displayed outside Corringham library.
Forum accounts for 2020-21 were externally audited in May 2021. The external report said:
Following your request I have independently examined the Corringham, Fobbing and Homesteads Community Forum's accounts for the last three financial years (2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21). In my limited examination I can confirm that I am satisfied that the accounts show that the Forum has properly accounted for transactions and kept accurate accounting records.
· Accounts 2020-21
From time to time, the Forum receives a request for funding for a community cause. The Forum's income is extemely limited, but this is how the Forum deals with any request.
- An application is made to the Forum
- The application is discussed at the next Committee Meeting and a recommendation is achieved. Note that all our Committee Meetings are open to the public.
- The application is then put to a full open Forum Meeting for debate with the Committee’s recommendation.
- The full Forum vote on the application and their decision is abided by. This is always recorded in the minutes.
- The Forum then fill in the necessary paper application to the Council for the project agreed. The application must fit the Councils criteria. If it does not, it will be refused. This process alone takes approximately one month.
- If the Council sanction the application payment is made to the Forum. If VAT is involved then Forum can ask the Council to pay directly.
This on average takes 3 to 4 months to achieve. In an emergency a special Committee Meeting can be called, this could shorten the timescale to 2 months. This relies on the Committee’s availability but the same 6 steps above would apply.
Please complete with as much detail as possible leaving the last page blank. Submit to the Forum, Although it is not necessary, it is advisable to attend a Forum meeting with your application as the Forum may wish to clarify a point.