Code of Conduct at Public Forum Meetings
- All members shall be open and honest in their dealings and show respect for other members
- All speakers will address themselves through the Chairperson
- Only one person shall speak at a time
- All speakers shall be polite and not raise their voices
- All speakers shall respect all others in attendance and shall not use offensive language.
- All forums observe equal opportunities and respect diversity of all community members. Racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic and discriminatory language aimed at disabled people will not be acceptable or tolerated so please do not air personal views that are likely to offend.
- All speakers will keep to the subject under discussion
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances, each person may speak only once on an issue until every other member has had the opportunity to speak thereby accounting for all opinions
- All members shall abide by the decisions taken at meetings
- If any member does not abide by the Code of Conduct, there will be a warning that if they break the Code of Conduct they may be asked to leave the meeting
- The offending member will be told that three warnings will be given and this is the first warning
- The offending member will be told that there may be two further warnings and at the third case shall ask the meeting to vote on whether the member should be asked to leave the meeting
- In the event of there being a conflict of interest (or potential conflict of interest) this must be disclosed to the meeting and if necessary, the member who has disclosed the conflict, (or potential conflict), whether financial or non-financial, shall absent themselves from the meeting whilst the subject is under discussion. Political references shall be avoided.
Please read carefully
You may download this page as a word document, here> Download
The use of this website is subject to the following disclaimers:
The Community Forum. has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website. The information and materials that this website contains are provided by The Community Forum. in good faith. Some information and materials are prepared on the basis of publicly available information and other sources which are believed to be reliable.
All information and materials on this website are for your general information and use only.
The Community Forum. does not guarantee the accuracy or validity of the information and materials on this website.
Access to this website (including use of any information or materials on it) is entirely at your own risk. The Community Forum. accepts no liability whatsoever. Particularly, The Community Forum. accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages of whatever kind (including, without limitation, loss of profits, anticipated savings, revenues, data, goodwill or contracts), resulting from whatever cause, through the use of any information or material obtained either directly or indirectly from this website.
The Community Forum. reserves the right to make changes and corrections to any part of the content of this website at any time without notice.
This website may provide facilities including (without limitation) feedback forms or email, which allow you to provide us with feedback on this website or on any other issues, and which allow you and other users to interact, exchange views and post, transmit or send information, data or other materials. You shall not use such facilities to store, reproduce, transmit, communicate or receive any offending material. It shall be irrelevant whether you are aware of such Offending Material. "Offending Material" means any material, data, images or information which (1) is in breach of any law, regulation, code of practice or acceptable use policy; or (2) is abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing or otherwise offensive; or (3) is in breach of confidence, copyright or other intellectual property rights, privacy or any other right of any third party: or (4) relates to or constitute an advertisement for investment services or which offers to buy and/or sell investments. You also agree that The Community Forum. may use any information and materials posted, stored, transmitted or communicated via these facilities in any manner The Community Forum. chooses.
You agree that The Community Forum. may, at any time, remove, delete or censor any information or materials on this website including those posted, transmitted, sent or communicated by you or any third party, particularly, the Offending Material.
You agree that The Community Forum. may record and store information and materials you have posted , transmitted, sent or communicated on this website, and make available any such information and materials to any regulatory authority or the police upon request.
You may find that this website is linked to or from other website(s) through hypertext or any other computer links. The Community Forum. has no control over and shall not be responsible for the content of such linked website(s). These links are provided for your convenience. We do not endorse the content in such linked website(s).
The Community Forum. excludes all warranties, expressed or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by law, relating to the information and materials on this website.
If you have opted to provide us with information about yourself, The Community Forum. may use this information to contact you by email or by post to send you details about The Community Forum. or any other information or materials which The Community Forum. thinks may be of interest to you. If you do not want The Community Forum. to use this information in this way please contact the forum via the webpage.
These disclaimers shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. If any provision of these disclaimers shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
All pictures displayed on this site are believed to have been donated by individuals of the community and other websites where no acknowledgements are required. If this is found not to be the case, please contact us and this will be addressed immediately.
In addition The Community Forum cannot be held responsible for the content of websites designed using Vision Websites. All content of websites designed and developed using Vision Websites are the responsibility of the respective owners and should be contacted directly regarding content of such websites.
Tilbury Forum Insurance
© Thurrock Community Forums 2019 - Last modified: Aug 28
Thank you for taking the time to read this document